Monday, September 3, 2012

Third Party Candidate

I read a post early in the process about the viability of a third party. It seemed then that most didn't think it would have an impact. I'm not necessarily convinced after reading the book, but am convinced by the fact that I just can't think of any other solution. We have reached the point of no return. The debacle over raising the debt ceiling last summer was the moment that I felt we really can no longer work together. The only things that would bring us together would be another attack on our country, which isn't terribly likely. As Thomas Friedman has written before: 9/11 was our moment to come together, and we failed.

So....can we get a serious independent (or new party) candidate? With over 40% of Americans now registered independent, I think it's a time. I don't know if it will work, but my goodness, we have to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment