Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hope Springs!

Let me start by thanking each and every one of you for your insight and your perserverance.  Your comments have inspired , encouraged and made me think about what a tough job we have.  Like you, I have spent the last 2 days in our inservice and I am amazed that we are still standing!  What a 2 days it has been.  We went from a noisy group entering the auditorium on Monday, to a weary looking bunch at the end of the day today.  And, this is day 2!  Each day we have been told what is expected of us, howe we will be evaluated, what "new" documents we are to provide to demonstrate that our students are learning. . .and the list goes on.  We have had little time to collaborate with our colleagues and more importantly, get into our classrooms and have time to take a breath, and consider the students who will be before us on Tuesday.  Yet, each and everyone of you, will be ready on Tuesday to greet our students and talk about the great year of learning they can expect.   How do you do it?

I tried to get Thomas Friedman to join our blog;  sadly he never did.  I wanted him to read the insightful comments you made about what actually goes on in our classrooms.  As depressing as this book was to read at times, I was heartened by all of you--you represent all that is good in public education.  Thanks again for your contributions.

I plan to keep the blog open so you can "catch up" should you need to do so.

Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment